Re: [WriteLog] CW keying

To: "'Phillips, Richard'" <phillips@msoe.edu>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW keying
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:29:03 -0400
For op systems after Windows 98, Writelog needs a third party driver to
open LPT1.  Direct I/O is the one most of us use, but it costs about
$30.  There is also a free one out there somewhere on the internet...

For other reasons, I eventually switched to keying with COM 1 - which
can be used to control a rig and produce CW at the same time, and also
only requires a single transistor level shifter....

73
Hal
N4GG