Re: [WriteLog] Error Message when Writelog 10.77H is started up

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Error Message when Writelog 10.77H is started up
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:04:07 -0800
I also see this message intermittently from the MMTTY plug-in.  I'm running
under Vista 32 bit and I just tried Don's suggestion about renaming the
USERPARA.INI file, starting the full MMTTY program (mine is at C:\MMTTY\)
and letting MMTTY create a new USERPARA.INI file.  Glad Don suggested I
rename the original one USERPARA_old.INI first, because after MMTTY created
a new parameter file RTTYRITE wouldn't run.  Every time I started it up I
got the message '"RTTYRITE MFC Application has stopped working."  I deleted
the new parameter file and renamed the "old" file back to its original name.
When I restarted WL RTTYRITE the MMTTY parameter error message appeared
again, but when I closed the error message box RTTYRITE started and ran
normally.

Not sure why this happened, but I did notice that the original USERPARA.INI
file is 8 kB in size whereas the new one MMTTY created was only 3 kB in
size.  I didn't change the parameter file for the plug in located in
C:\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs (also 8 kB) so I'm wondering if there was
some sort of problem between the two different parameter files being a
different size?  The MMTTY path name in writelog.ini is correct - points to
the USERPARA.INI file in the full MMTTY progarm location.

Anyway, before I trash something up and can't get it working right again I
think I'll beat a hasty retreat and suffer the intermittent error messages
that pops up.  That will have to remain one of life's mysteries for now.

73,
Gary AL9A