[WriteLog] Questions answered

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Questions answered
From: "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt@w0raa.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:14:16 -0600
Further comment on the [CUT-NUMBERS] "0=T" that I added to my Writelog.ini
file.

Shelby mentioned that the downside might be that every 0 (Zero) that I
transmit in WL
would be converted to a "T".  So, I watched it very closely.  Fortunately,
that did not
happen.  The only time that a zero was converted to a T was in the number
sent as
part of the exchange, and the only T was the leading Zero.  When I sent the
station I
was working a 010, it sent T10, not T1T.  The same with all other numbers.
The only
Zero that was changed to a T was the leading zero.  When I sent 020 it was
sent as
T20, and the same for the rest of the numbers.

I will watch it very closely, especially in CW Contests.  In RTTY I don't
use Cut
Numbers and also don't normally use them in CW contests either.  I have
never
understood why a RTTY station would send a 5NN or a TOO in a RTTY contest.

Again, thanks to all who so nicely (and quickly) answered my questions.

Dick
W0RAA