[WriteLog] VE7CC

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] VE7CC
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:20:10 -0400
I'm with Dave on this one.  Download VE7CC's telnet program - its free.
It's a breeze to set up the filters and get whatever spots and spotters
you want and reject those you don't want.  Also, most important, with
VE7CC feeding Writelog, it has a built in rate function that will supply
spots to WL at a set pace that cannot overload the CPU.  The setup is
very, very stable.  If VE7CC drops, it will automatically reconnect in
the background - you won't notice it happen.

Within VE7CC is a check box for skimmer on or off.  With it on you get
normal spots plus reverse beacon spots mixed together.  It's the way to
go.

Personally, after playing with it some, I have left skimmer shut off -
but to each his own.

Hal N4GG