Re: [WriteLog] Rittyrite PSK (Gary AL9A)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rittyrite PSK (Gary AL9A)
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:03:35 -0800
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.  I reviewed the link you sent and found the
information useful, but it doesn't completely solve my dilemma.  I'm pretty
much in the dark about the PSK mode.  I've checked into the 3905 CCN on PSK
a couple of times and their instructions say to use USB for all bands.
That's what I've been doing with my DxbPSK program and WL.  In WL I had the
LSB is really FSK option selected for some reason.  I changed the radio to
LSB-D1 and suddenly Rittyrite started printing the messages from the CW/RTTY
message buffers!  This good, but not the complete answer.  If the LSB is
really FSK selection is how WL tells that you are not running SSB, what does
selecting the BPSK mode in Rittyrite do?  Apparently it doesn't tell WL
anything about the mode.

When using LSB-D1 the radio goes into transmit, the message buffer text is
printed on the Rittyrite screen, the MKII LCD screen shows "PLAYING", but
the radio still has no output and the ALC is zero.  I know the ALC is
supposed to be low, but there simply is no ALC no matter how I adjust the
drive.  So apparently a piece of the puzzle is to use the LSB-D1 mode in WL
for Rittyrite, but another piece is still missing.  This leaves me confused
over which mode to use for the various bands.  Is LSB the default choice for
all bands?  Or is USB the default choice?  Or should you change modes
depending on which band you are on?  Looks like I need to do more research.

73,
Gary AL9A