Re: [WriteLog] HELP - New WriteLog PC Recommendation

To: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] HELP - New WriteLog PC Recommendation
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:35:16 -0700 (PDT)
A comment in this

What I have in use  at my station is a very basic computer from Dell running
XP

are the optiplex  GX270   and the  OPTIPLEX GX280
the 270  has 3 years 24/7  on  for remote access and not a single failure and
was used with the original  driver disk and XP

the 280 is used most of the time  for browsing and other stuff  like second
radio when needed etc.

both computers  have COM1 , 6 USB,  same memory chips, LPT1,  Ethernet , good
sound card .
to RUN CW hardkeying with the LPT1, USB adaptor for the CAT, COM1 for the FSK

very basic and running

A lot of this computers cheap on EBAY and  BUY.COM refurbish and some others new

are the type of computer used in business or  factories

Works for me  you can take a look,

Writelog works fine with out issues.

 J.Hector Garcia  XE2K / AD6D
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp