[WriteLog] CTY Question

To: Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CTY Question
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:02:02 -0400
Hello,

Here is the problem my WL V10.79D and OS XP machine is having trying
to install the latest cty file is:
Been trying to get the latest cty file installed without any luck.
Using WL V10.79D.  Each time try Dodecanese shows up when version is
entered.

All the previous wl_ct.dat have been removed from C drive (hidden
files were readjusted to "read only" and other than in the trash
directory no other copies of wl_cty.dat are in the computer according
to Search) yet still get Dodecanese when the convert CTY to
Writelog is run as defined by Wayne, W5XD, in his recent e-mail.

Some of the other things tried since initially reporting this problem are:
Don, AA5AU, sent me a copy of his 10/25/2010 wl_cty.dat file in case
the wrong version was being copied.  Took Don's file and moved it to
the Documents and Settings>All
Users>Application Data>Writelog.  The CTY converter was opened and
used the browser feature to select this copy of wl_cty.dat.
Conversion was done.  Closed the CTY converter and opened WL, selected
a contest.  Once WL was opened and set-up, version was typed in the
call entry field.  Still got Dodecanese.  Could an earlier version
of wl_cty.dat has gotten hardwired into the WL executable or into the
CTY converter:>)

Did a search of the C drive and the only copy of wl_cty.dat found was
the one in the ".....>Writelog" file.  The modified date for this file
is 10/28/2010, the date it was downloaded from Don's e-mail confirming
it is the correct file.  Then put Don's wl_cty.dat file in a couple of
other directories, ran the CTY converter, opened WL and still ended up
with Dodecanese.

Steve, K4FJ, has helped by seeing if it was just my set-up.  His
finding is: "My previous house computer (which I still have) has XP
and 10.79D.  For fun yesterday, I downloaded the 10/25/2010 version of
wl_cty.dat and converted it.  It shows me British Virgin Islands when
I put VERSION in the Entry field."

I'm probably doing something wrong based on my past experience trying
to get the latest cty installed in WL.  Help?

   Mike, K4GMH