Re: [WriteLog] FT2000 CAT problem

To: kc4hw@centurytel.net, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT2000 CAT problem
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:38:55 -0400 (EDT)
not using with windows 7 but I have found the Keyspan HS 19 is the most
effective serial to usb converter.  a bit more ($29-$39)  but they  work.
they also sell a 1 in 4 out setup which I understand works well  also.

Tom

N6AJR

In a message dated 11/2/2010 1:50:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kc4hw@centurytel.net writes:

On 2 Nov  2010 at 10:30, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> Make sure you do  not have any restrictions on handshake or
> are not using CW/PTT on the  radio port, are using a full
> (pin for pin, 9 wires) serial cable and  the FT-2000 CAT TOT
> menu item is set to 1000 or higher.

Thanks  everyone!

Happyness atlast.  It appears that all my setting were  good.  It actually
seems that the USB to Serial converter was the  problem.  I changed it
for another and all begin to work  immediately.

So this bring up the next question.... what USB to  Serial converter are
most of you using with Win  7?

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org