[WriteLog] Crash when rolling over the Contest window label

To: Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Crash when rolling over the Contest window label
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:37:42 -0800
Writelog has begun crashing when I roll over the menu bar "Contest" label,
displaying a routine, non-informative Windows failure message inviting me to
report the problem to Microsoft. I'm running Win XP Pro. When I dismiss the
failure window, Writelog goes catatonic and must be End Task'ed with Task
Manager and End Now on the next non-responsive box. On the off-chance that I
might have had a corrupted 10.80<?> program file, I ordered and installed
the latest version 10.82A. The same problem persists. It seems to happen
only on files that I have been using for general QSO logging. These have a
custom field layout that has worked for me for many years. It doesn't seem
to happen when the active file is a real contest file defined by Writelog.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

/Rick

--