Re: [WriteLog] 1000MP help

To: "WriteLog@contesting.com" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 1000MP help
From: "k6ufo@arrl.net" <k6ufo@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 08:22:14 -0800 (PST)
Mike, I'm sorry you haven't received a solution yet, but the
problem could be due to several things, and the information
you provided doesn't make any particular issue "jump out" as
the most likely. No, Your radio doesn't need to be programmed,
but you can verify that with your Yaesu manual.

Standard troubleshooting procedure would try to isolate the
problem to one component, or to the interaction of only a
single pair of components.  Has the radio ever been serial
port controlled from a different computer? Say at Field Day,
at a friend's house, at a club house. Can you find a local ham
who has a working logging system, and try just substituting
in your radio? Does the computer communicate through the USB-to-
serial adapter to any other devices, like an old serial port
modem or printer?

Good luck, let us know if you solve it.

K6UFO Mork