Re: [WriteLog] Problem with Macros in v10.83

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with Macros in v10.83
From: "Gene W5DQ" <w5dq@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 10:55:52 -0800
Update:

After seeing the comments and rereading the installation and help files, I
went back and checked to see what happened when I set the mode to FSK in WL.
I changed mode to FSK, ensured the "LSB is really FSK" was still checked and
set the COMM PTT to 'Yes'. It still did not cause the macros to work. I went
back to verify I had not over looked anything comparing the WL Help files
and AA5AU's WriteLog tutorial. I noticed that in the description of the
WriteLog MMTTY plugin mentioned it worked with the MMTTY engine. I verified
that I had downloaded and installed the correct version from the MMTTY
program. That is when I saw I had d/l'ed the full MMTTY program and there
was an engine only version (v1.68a no '-p' as in my installed version). Now
I was really confused. So I d/l'ed the engine only version (the non -p one),
uninstalled the full version and tried the engine only version. Now when I
started RTTYrite window, it crashed everytime it was opened. I was ready to
forget WriteLog as impossible for me. I decided to reinstall the original
FULL MMTTY 'v1.68A-p' program. After I had reloaded the MMTTY program and
restored the RTTYrite configuration to find it, I tried the macro function
keys. Lo and behold, they worked. Nothing else had been changed except the
above and yet now it worked. Go figure? So now I need to exercise the setup
and verify no hidden gotchas before the next RTTY contest next week.

Thanks to all who took a stab at helping me figure this out. I still am not
sure exactly what fixed it but I post this in case someone else happens into
this problem in the future.

73

Gene W5DQ