Re: [WriteLog] Problem with Macros in v10.83

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem with Macros in v10.83
From: "Gene W5DQ" <w5dq@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:51:36 -0800
Thanks to all those who replied to my post.

Last night I finally got WriteLog working for both the RTTY and CW modes. I
had the RTTY mode working well but had a little difficulty in getting the CW
to work correctly. I finally worked out the issues and it works great.

I'm sure someone my have already done this but I also figured out a way to
pseudo-integrate CWGet with WriteLog by the following steps:

1) With CWGet receiving and decoding, clicking on a call in the CWGet window
will place it on the Windows clipboard
2) Place the focus on the WriteLog call entry field by clicking in it
3) Pressing CNTL-V (paste) pops the callsign from the clipboard into the
call entry field (maybe a function key can be programmed to do this - still
checking on this)

>From there everything appears to work as normal in WriteLog for the
remaining steps in the QSO.

Now all I am missing is to get all my macros set up correctly and to get in
there and start using WriteLog in contests to see how much it may help
improve my scores over using MixW or Winwarbler.

73 to all and look for me in the test,

Gene W5DQ