Re: [WriteLog] USB/Serial Cable CW sending

To: "Michael Almeter" <w4mja@yahoo.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB/Serial Cable CW sending
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:51:42 -0900
Mike,

I used to use a USB to 2 port Serial adapter with a Rig Blaster Plus and
CT-17 level converter to control my IC-756PRO.  One serial port went to the
Rig Blaster and the other to the CT-17.  Rig control under Writelog worked
normally and I was able to key CW.  The only problem was I would
occasionally get some "garbled" CW transmission due to Windows doing
something in the background at the exact moment I keyed CW.  A quick tap of
the ESC key would abort it and another resend would usually work ok.  I got
away from this interface method when I acquired my Microkeyer II.  Much
simpler interface and rock solid CW now.

73,
Gary AL9A