Re: [WriteLog] WinKey driver choppy CW

To: w0yk@msn.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WinKey driver choppy CW
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:16:55 -0700
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Ed Muns W0YK wrote:

> The other CW sending problem was when WriteLog was saving the log which it
> seemed to do consistently when our TU message was being sent (simply our
> call sign 'P40L') and the 'P40' was sent followed by a 2-second delay for
> the log loading, then the 'L'.  This could have been avoided by disabling
> the auto-save log.

That's interesting, Ed.  I noticed a few "micropauses" during ARRL DX
CW, short enough to not cause problems, but long enough that one could
tell it wasn't 100% correct.  I wonder if they occurred during a log
(journal) save operation.

I've never noticed this in previous years (i.e. before the recent
buffer changes).

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us