Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY USERPARA.ini?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY USERPARA.ini?
From: "KC4HW/Jim" <kc4hw@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:17:56 -0600
Well I found this, in all places, on the Writelog site.  Guess, I should
have gone home first.  So many holes to look in....

I will uninstall MMTTY and then reinstall accordingly...

Jim/KC4HW

--------QUOTED FROM WRITELOG SITE-----------------

   1. Do not install MMTTY in its default Program Files location.
Instead, install it in a directory that can be written by the usernames
that will run MMTTY. An easy way to guarantee that is to first login as
that username and create a folder to contain MMTTY. For example,
create c:\ham as that user. Then login as administrator and install
MMTTY to c:\ham\mmtty
   2. If you want to use MMTTY on two radios from the same PC, then,
after installing MMTTY, login as the use that will run MMTTY and
create a second directory, say, c:\ham\mmtty2. Copy the contents of
mmtty to mmtty2.
   3. When you first run WL´s MMTTY TNC, it will prompt for the
MMTTY installation directory. Browse to c:\ham\mmtty. If you run two
radios, when you bring up Rttyrite on the second radio, it also will
prompt for the installation directory. For this second Rttyrite screen,
browse to the copied directory, c:\ham\mmtty2. In this way, you will
have two separate MMTTY installation directories and their settings
will be separate.