Re: [WriteLog] WinKey & WriteLog 10.84D

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WinKey & WriteLog 10.84D
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 16:59:50 -0400
I am running 10.84D also, and have a hunch there is something wrong with
the Winkey init sequence.  Before I start Writelog, my Winkeyer USB
works fine for manual CW, but afterward, it doesn't work either for
manual or for function key messages.  I stop Writelog and it still
doesn't work unless/until unplug the USB cable or start N1MM Logger.  As
soon as I do either, the Winkeyer works fine again.

I am also getting Windows errors (two of them) each time I close
Writelog.  They offer to report to Microsoft, which I reject.  One is
AppName: wlogpkt32.exe     AppVer: 10.0.79.1     ModName: wlogpkt32.exe
ModVer: 10.0.79.1     Offset: 000010bb  The other is AppName:
wlogpkt32.exe     AppVer: 10.0.79.1     ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.6055     Offset: 0004487f

However, everything works fine otherwise.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,