[WriteLog] P3 slow to respond when packet spot is selected

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [WriteLog] P3 slow to respond when packet spot is selected
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:28:18 -0400
I'm interested to see if other K3-P3 owners have noticed this problem. It
occurs when the P3 is in Fixed Tune mode not Tracking mode.

Using WriteLog 10.84D, if I select a packet spot either from the Packet
window or the Band Scope, the K3 frequency updates immediately but the P3
freezes, then jumps around, and then comes back live. The process takes 3
seconds. The spot must be on the same band. If the spot is on a different
band the P3 comes back live in under 1 second. If the P3 is in Tracking mode
there is no noticeable delay.

The only other program I have with spotting capability is MixW. The P3
updates instantaneously when a spot is selected from within MixW. This is
why I consider the problem to be WriteLog related and not P3 related.

I did my testing in the CW portion of the bands.

73,
Mike K2MK