[WriteLog] PSK & Writelog Problem.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PSK & Writelog Problem.
From: Keith Goobie <keith@goobie.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:23:15 -0400
I am writing this note on behalf of Len VA3LM / VE3FJB and myself.

We have used Writelog quite successfully in the following configuration for
RTTY contests:

Windows 7 ­ 64 bit
Writelog 10.83E ­ with MMTTY engne and RTTYRite.
US Interface Navigator
IC-7700 with CI-V control.
DXTelnet32 integration.

It just works solid and it performs great in the contests.

We now wish to extend that same functionality into PSK contesting.  We used
Writelog for FD / RTTY mode and had to resort to HRD for PSK.  There is no
match in capability.

I configured RTTYRite to use Soundboard AFSK and Mode to BPSK and I can get
the system to decode with out issue.

The problem we are experiencing is in the keying of the radio for TX mode.
My perception  is that the Writelog interface uses the CAT interface for the
reading and setting of Freq / Band, but it will not send the command to key
the radio into TX.  I tried through RTTYRite, but nothing seems to do the
trick.  It does appear in the port setup you can configure Writelog to use
CW TX keying for all modes, but that does not seem to do the trick.

I am looking for help in overcoming this issue.  I thank you in advance for
your help, comments and feedback.

Keith VA3YC

--
Keith Goobie