Re: [WriteLog] WL + TARA Grid Dip Shindig?

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL + TARA Grid Dip Shindig?
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 21:02:35 -0800
Goetz,

 There is no WL module for the TARA Grid Dip Shindig.  I couldn't find
 another module that was close last year so I modified an existing module
for
 use in the Grid Dip.  At the moment I don't recall which module I modified,
 maybe the TARA RTTY MELEE, but I then went into Contest/Exchange Format
 Setup....  The next window asks if you want to initialize ALL fields in the
 exchange and I selected Yes.  I then created the fields I wanted in my log
 and selected the appropriate check boxes for those fields.  To do this
click
 the New button and enter a field name and select the proper check boxes and
 then click Save to save the info for that field name.  Then click New and
 create another field.

 My log contains the following field names and check boxes:

 CALL - Print, Prompt, Dupe,Tab Only.
RST - Number, Print, Prompt, No Space, Required, RST.
NAME - Print, Prompt, Tab Only, No Space, Required. (Add extra spaces after
 NAME to set the field width you want.)
GRID -  Print, Prompt, Tab Only, No Space, Required.
SNT - Number, Print, No Space, RST.
MYGRD - Print, Tab Only, No Space.

 You must enter the filed names in the order you want - there is no way to
 move them around after they are created.  Several of the fields I use are
 not needed for the contest exchange, i.e., RST, SNT and MYGRD.  I use them
 so these fields are included when I export an adi file post contest for
 import into my general logger.

 There are no multipliers in the module so the score box will be in error -
 it only shows the number of QSO's on each band.  There is no Cabrillo
 output, but the contest sponsor does not require a log submission, only an
 on line score submission.  To automate the score calculation after the
 contest I did an Export/DIFF spreadsheet format... and imported the DIFF
 file into an Excel spreadsheet.  From that spreadsheet I copied the fields
 CALL, NAME and GRID into a new worksheet and sorted this worksheet by GRD.
 I only worked a single band last year, 20M, so if you work multiple bands
 also copy the field Bnd from the DIFF spreadsheet into the new worksheet
and
 then sort by Bnd and GRD.

 I then added another another column to the worksheet, MULTS, and manually
 scanned down the list of sorted grids and entered a 1 in the MULTS column
 each time I found a new grid.  I then took the last row number-1 to be the
 number of calls worked in the log and entered that number at the bottom of
 the CALL column.  At the bottom of the MULTS column I did a =SUM() function
 to total all the MULTS I had flagged and then multiplied the two numbers to
 get the total score.  Those numbers were then entered into the on line
score
 submission page on the web.

 A little cumbersome, but if you don't mind not having an accurate running
 score it works.

 73,
Gary AL9A