Re: [RTTY] We Need Some Activity

To: "'RTTY Reflector'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] We Need Some Activity
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:50:29 -0800
Just a heads up for those setting up WriteLog and the MMTTY plug-in for 75
baud.  I went to Don's site and followed the directions there about changing
the Setup in MMTTY for 75 baud.  I then went to the RittyRite window in
WriteLog and changed the Mode to "75 baud (100 WPM) Baudot".  When I sent a
practice transmission to my dummy load the diddles sounded like 75 baud, but
the printing on my RittyRite screen was always garbled and indecipherable.
I tried closing and restarting MMTTY and RittyRite to no avail.  I finally
found that changing the RittyRite Mode setting to "57 baud (75 WPM) Baudot"
would correctly print the practice transmission correctly.  I've run the
BARTG 75 Sprint before, but don't remember having to change the Mode setting
like this in WriteLog, but then I don't remember a lot of things these days!
Since it seems to work I hope to be printing a lot of you this weekend.

73,
Gary AL9A