[WriteLog] RTTYrite and Stereo Sound Board FSK

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTYrite and Stereo Sound Board FSK
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 02:51:17 -0000
I am seeing a strange problem and wondering if anyone else has had the same.

New computer.  Dell i5 CPU running Windows 7 64-bit.  Has the on board sound
card and I have added a Creative SB X-Fi card.

I am using Rttywrite (like I always have) to copy RTTY.  TU type is set to
Stereo Sound Board FSK.

When I only have one Rttywrite window open, everything works fine.  When I
open the second Rttywrite window, something happens.  Nothing prints on
either window (even though the tuning displays seems to work) and the mouse
movements get very choppy.  Implying that something is using lots of CPU.
If I shut down the second window, everything returns to normal.

I have the same symptoms on both the SB X-Fi and with the onboard sound.  I
have spent time trying different settings and no success.

It's almost enough to make me go back to my old WinXP machine and vintage
Soundblaster 16 card!

Ideas welcome.

Randy, K5ZD