[WriteLog] np PTT

To: WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [WriteLog] np PTT
From: cagt2@q.com
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 13:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

After a break of a couple years tried out my RTTY system for another go at
contesting. To my disappointment I found my PTT is no longer operational. The
RTTY code sounds out and the macro message is printed on my rttyrite screen,
but the Kenwood isn’t keyed. On closer inspection I found that the voltage
between ground and pin 7 of the 9 pin (serial port) doesn’t switch positive
while the macro messages are being launched. It’s the same when I hit Alt K my
message appears and the rtty code sounds as it’s typed, but again the rig isn’t
keyed. The computer repair person says my computer checks out OK, I’ve gone
through the WriteLog setup procedure, but nothing stands out being wrong. Has
this ever happened to you or do you have any suggestions? Thanks! Chuck Turner
KI7NW cagt2@q.com