Re: [WriteLog] Need per-band packet spots choice for SS "U"

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Need per-band packet spots choice for SS "U"
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 10:09:33 -0500
Hi Bruce,

I remember seeing that explanation also but in my opinion things have
changed. For the CW SS contest I let the skimmer spots flow in. I was doing
search and pounce and I wanted to pick up unworked stations as soon as they
appeared in the packet window. With a fully loaded band map, it was much
more practical to grab the station from the bottom of the packet window. But
with all 5 bands flowing through the packet window was scrolling too rapidly
to successfully double click on an entry. And with a manual tune amplifier I
didn't want to accidentally change bands. The time has come to give the
operator the choice thus keeping everyone happy. The SS module needs to be
updated.

73,
Mike K2MK