Re: [WriteLog] MicroKeyer II

To: "Richard Thorne" <rmthorne@att.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MicroKeyer II
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:45:35 -0900
Steve,

I also run a Microkeyer II and the DVK works great with WriteLog.  As Rich
indicates record on the fly works too.  Since you've never used a DVK with
WriteLog be aware of one gotcha with the Shift+Fn combination when trying to
send shifted messages from the memory bank.  The use of Shift+Fn invokes
record on the fly for that function key and it will over write any
prerecorded message you have in that location!  If you want to just send a
prerecorded message from a shifted memory location you have to do one of two
things.

1. Invoke the shifted message as part of a macro string in the unshifted
memory locations.  For example, the F8 key could contain
<msg4.wav><msg15.wav><msg19.wav>.  This would send the messages stored at
F4, followed by the message at Shift+F5, followed by the message at
Shift+F9.

2. Create shortcut keys to send the shifted memory location messages.  I
created shortcuts for the Alt+0, Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, etc. keys.  In
Tools/Keyboard Shortcuts... set the short cut key to call MessageShiftPhn,
where n is the shifted memory number. Alt+0 is really shifted memory F10 -
Alt+0 --> MessageShiftPh10, Alt+1 --> MessageShiftPh11,
Alt+2 -->MessageShiftPh02, Alt+3 --> MessageShiftPh03, etc.  During a
contest you can press Alt+n to send that shifted message location.  If you
do Shift+Fn and record a new message in that location then Alt+n will send
the new message going forward.

73,
Gary AL9A