Re: [WriteLog] writelog not talk to my rig

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] writelog not talk to my rig
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 13:26:45 -0800
Search in help for RIG.  The main thing about the Ic-760MK2G is that the
address may or may not be "normal".  If you are using an interface with
no other Icom devices you can try in the Writelog.ini file to set it to
00  as that actually works for all addresses on the Icom bus.  A little
known fact.  If you go into the 706 menu you can determine which actual
port YOUR radio is using.  Then you set that in the ini file.

COM1:=9800,n,8,1,x
COM2:=4800,n,8,2,x

I put an X after the last comma.  Can't remember why but it helps.

Check out the k9jy.com site where the below came from:

*ICOM [Rigs]*

/ICOM Split Frequency/

Setting this entry to 1 causes the WriteLog Icom driver to send a split
on/off command to the ham radio every time it polls the rig for its
frequency. This means that WriteLog is sure to know whether the rig is
set for split.

IcomForceSplit=1

Setting this option to 2 causes WriteLog to do the same as setting to 1,
but, in addition, if you tune the rig from its front panel more than
500Hz after WriteLog has set it to split, then WriteLog automatically
turns the split off.

IcomForceSplit=2

Note: WriteLog versions 10.30 and older behave like option (2) above for
all non-zero settings of this option.

/ICOM Rig Addresses [Rigs]/

The following entries override WriteLog's default setting for the ICOM
rig address for the various ICOM rigs. All rigs that have ICOM rig
addresses have corresponding entries in WriteLog.ini here under the name
that matches the name in the Setup Ports dialog including space characters!

Icom IC-781=0×33
Icom IC-756PRO=0×12
Icom IC-706=0x53  this is what my 706 uses you have to check YOUR rig.
See above.
Icom All=0x00  This really does work!