Re: [WriteLog] Saving Configuration

To: W4GKM <w4gkm@citlink.net>, "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Saving Configuration
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 06:41:12 -0800 (PST)
I had a similar problem when configuring two radios on one PC.  The
configuration would not get saved with "Save Configuration", then saving the
file.  I configured two Rttyrite windows to separate soundcards and put the
Rttyrite windows side-by-side.  When I would open WriteLog the next time, the
Rttyrite windows would open on top of each other and configured to the same
soundcard.  I'm sorry I don't remember what I did to fix it.  But here's
something you can try.

Find your writelog.ini file and rename it writelog.old or something like that.
Then open WriteLog, it will create a new writelog.ini file.  Rebuild and
configure the windows the way you want it.  Save Configuration.  Save the file.
 Exit WriteLog and reopen it.

I have also found that if something happens where you need to shut down one of
the Rttyrite windows to restart it, instead, just close WriteLog altogether and
reopen.  I found that shutting down one Rttyrite window, then reopening it,
causes problems as far as where it opens on the screen and which soundcard is
selected even though you have the cursor in the correct entry window for that
instance of Rttyrite.  I just found this out right before the Roundup.

Are you running WL version 11.01F?

73, Don AA5AU