Re: [WriteLog] FT-950 offset problem

To: Zoltan Rakosi Seiwarth <yo6pzz@gmail.com>, "[WriteLog]" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT-950 offset problem
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:19:33 -0500
Use Packet mode in the FT-950 (connect AFSK to the DATA jack) and
adjust menu 054 DATA PKTDSP to -2125 (assuming you use PKT-L and
2125/2295 Hz tones).  If you are using tones other than 2125/2295
adjust the "-2125" for your chosen mark frequency

By default the FT-950 shows the SSB carrier frequency.  However,
convention in RTTY is to display the actual (RF) frequency of the
MARK tone.  With AFSK the actual MARK frequency is equal to the
SSB carrier (or dial) frequency +/- (depending on sideband) the
audio tone used by the AFSK generator.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV