Re: [WriteLog] RTTY WINDOW menu item greyed out

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY WINDOW menu item greyed out
From: "Ray Day" <rayday@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:12:36 -0700
Don and all,

Once again the Guru comes through.

I renamed Writelog.ini in C:\Windows\Writelog and fired up Writelog fresh.
RTTY WINDOW choice a nice dark and useable color! Good.

Then, holy cow, I see that the new .ini file is about 5% of the old one,
measured in number of lines in the .ini file. I set the path to MMTTY and
seem be ready to go. I'm remotely accessing the home ham computer, but all
looks good. I'll just make the choices that sets the other lines as I go, it
looks like. We'll see.

Been using that Writelog.ini file for a loooooong time - maybe it was time
to "reboot" it!

Thanks, Don, and everybody,

Ray N6HE

>>I don't recall ever hearing about a RTTY menu option being grayed out. But
you can try this. Close WriteLog. Find writelog.ini and rename it to
something like writelog.old. Restart WriteLog and it should

>>create a new writelog.ini file. See if the RTTY menu option is still
grayed out. If not, then the writelog.ini file may have been corrupted but I
don't recall this ever happening to affect the RTTY menu >>option.

>>If the RTTY menu option is still grayed out, then I would try to
re-install WriteLog.