Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog & Flex Radio Setup Instructions

To: John <n8rf@neo.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog & Flex Radio Setup Instructions
From: Keith Goobie <keith@goobie.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 22:20:23 -0400
John

Len VA3LM and I have a nicely integrated setup at VE3FJB.  It is primarily
used for RTTY.  I will be happy to assist you in getting your setup ready.
There are a good number of moving parts, but when integrated will lead to
enjoyable contest operations.  We have used this config on CQ WW and other
contests with great results.  You are best served by using DDUtil - the need
will be driven if you want to include antenna rotator control - steppir if
you have it and amplifier control.

I have have a document which describes full integration based on HRD, but
not yet Writelog.  It can help with the concepts.

I can bring best benefit if I can access using Teamviewer, that will make a
number of integration activities go very quickly.

73
Keith - VA3YC

On 6/2/12 7:25 PM, "John" <n8rf@neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Anyone have a complete detailed set of instructions and settings on how to
> set up Writelog to work with a model 3000 Flex Radio on CW and RTTY? I have
> searched all over the internet and have not found anything that works. I
> have found pits and pieces and have tried to piece things together from
> there and now I am more confused than ever and it still does not work. I
> guess one also needs to have DDutil configured and running and that has only
> added more confusion to this effort.
>

> Thanks
>

> John - N8RF

Keith Goobie