Re: [WriteLog] [SMC] NAQP-CW Next Saturday

To: "SMC Reflector" <smc@w9smc.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [SMC] NAQP-CW Next Saturday
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 16:22:03 -0800
Thanks to Jim N7US and his post that got me thinking about those of us who
use WriteLog as our contest logger.

I went to the Arizona Outlaws website he mentioned and downloaded their NAQP
CW file in CSV format.  With a little crunching in Excel I was able to
convert the CSV file to TXT file that contained the field names required by
WriteLog.  I then opened the TXT file in Notepad and did a bit more
organization to delete unnecessary spaces between fields and have now
produced a WriteLog compatible adi file that can be used to prefill the Name
and QTH fields in the log.

I have pre-tested the file, 2011 NAQP CW Call History.adi, and much to my
delight it works! The file contains 1524 records for use to prefill the
required exchange info.  I don't have a web page of my own to post this file
and I don't think an attachment to this email will make it through the
reflector filters.  If you would like a copy of the file please email me
direct and I will reply with the attachment direct to you.  Just put it in a
folder somewhere on your computer and then point WriteLog to its location
and select the NAME and QTH fields to prefill.

As always when using a prefill file, be sure that the Name and/or QTH info
is still valid in this year's contest.  For some reason people change names
or states from year to year!  My thanks to the Arizona Outlaws for making
their CSV file available on the website.

73,
Gary AL9A