Re: [WriteLog] New Guy - How do I ... Questions

To: "'Mark'" <mark.g0mgx@gmail.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New Guy - How do I ... Questions
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 08:15:27 -0500
You have %F correct for your question #1. But you have to add a number to it.
For example, for BARTG RTTY, the fields in the entry
window are "CALL", "RCV", "NR", "TIME" etc. "CALL" is 1, "RCV" is 2, "NR" is 3,
"TIME" is 4 in the entry window. So if you wanted to
make a confirmation messages that confirms the other station's number, you
would use %F3 in your exchange like this:

%RQSL %F3 UR 599 %3 %3 %T %T %E

However, I must tell you that confirming what the other person sent is not
general practice for RTTY contesting because it confuses
the exchange. When the station on the other ends sees your %F3, they may take
it as your number and not theirs. It is highly
recommended that you don't confirm the other station's information.

On question #2, you would create a new set of messages for each contest. Then
the following year when a contest comes around you
could use the previous year's messages by going to the Setup menu, then
choosing CW/RTTY/SSB messages. When the message window opens
go to Browse and choose the file you used the previous year and it will prefill
the messages.

As for #3, not sure what you mean. The way the text scrolls in the Rttyrite
window is the best way possible in my opinion. This way
you don't have to chase text as it scrolls. If you need to scroll back to look
at something that was previous received, you can do
that with the scroll bar.

73, Don AA5AU