[WriteLog] WAE RTTY Practice?

To: John Maglio <jgmags@comcast.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] WAE RTTY Practice?
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:03:46 -0800
Yes, it would be nice to have some practice sessions for WAE RTTY, a
contest with a unique set of station integration challenges. My club, NCCC,
organizes such sessions for many contests but WAE RTTY is tricky to
practice because of the two-continent restriction on QTCs. Prior to this
year's contest, KE1B proposed a way to get around that restriction that
involved pre-loading specific, participating callsigns in the loggers' QTH
exception files. I don't know if it happened - I think not. But if
someone(s) were to organize it, do the legwork and the publicity, it would
probably work well. I think it would be very appropriate to do it Real Soon
Now while RTTY WAE is fresh in people's minds and then again prior to the
next event.

/Rick

--
Rick Tavan N6XI