Re: [WriteLog] Linking Packet using static IP under XP

To: "'Hal Kennedy'" <halken@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Linking Packet using static IP under XP
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:31:19 -0800
When I run Packet on a WriteLog network, I dedicate a PC to CC-User and it
does not have a radio attached.  All the PC/radio nodes connect to Packet
using the 'Local Network' choice in the Connect window of the Packet Window.
All that you insert there is the WriteLog name of the node with CC-User.
There is no need, or request for, a port number.

This is true with static IP address on the PCs or DHCP-assigned addresses,
although I prefer static IPs.

Ed W0YK