Re: [WriteLog] WL RECORDING ON THER FLY

To: "witelog group" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL RECORDING ON THER FLY
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 16:29:29 -0900
Gilles,

Recording-On-The-Fly is possible with the IC-7600. There is no special "procedure", just do what the WL Help manual says. When in SSB pressing SHIFT+Fn "should" start RTF for that function key. To save the new message press ESC. To cancel the recording without changing the message press SHIFT+Fn again.

Notice I said that SHIFT+Fn "should" start the RTF function. For years I was never able to make it work consistently with either my old IC-756PRO or my IC-7600 with either Windows ME or Vista. Sometimes it would work, other times it would not. The only time it started working regularly for me was after I added my Microham microKEYER II to the station and stated using that device as my DVK. I suspect there is some problem with using the Windows Soundboard as the DVK under Windows that the MKII somehow corrects. Perhaps it is because of the use of the MicroHam CODECS within router that is not there if you are using just the default Windows settings. Sorry I can't be of more help.

73,
Gary AL9A

----- Original Message ----- From: "G" <rigel001@sympatico.ca>