Re: [WriteLog] "NOW" Question

To: "'Jim Harris'" <jim.w0em@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] "NOW" Question
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 20:45:47 -0800
Yes.  Here is how I do it.  Others may have different and better ways.

1.  Configure the right mouse button to push a call onto the call stack.
Add the following lines to writelog.ini:

        [RttyContextMenuEntries]
        1=PUSHCALL

      Now, when you right-click on a highlighted callsign, it is pushed onto
the bottom of the stack.

2.  Setup a Fn message memory with:

        %R%C TU, NOW %L

     Send this message, followed by your normal CQ exchange message, e.g.,

        %R%C 599 KS KS %L

3.  Setup two shortcut keys for manipulating the stack, i.e., push the Entry
window call onto the bottom of the stack and pop the top of the stack to the
Entry window:

        [KeyboardShortcuts]
        DASH=EntryPushCallToQueue
        EQUALS=EntryPopCallFromQueue

When you have a pileup or otherwise sense there may be more than one station
calling, just hesitate a partial second before coming back to the first
highlighted call you get in the Rttyrite window.  You should have already
left-clicked it into the Entry window.  If you get a second, or more,
call(s) then right-click each of them and they will be successively added to
the bottom of your call stack.  Then, hit Insert or your CQ Exchange message
key.  (If you only have one callsign, then just hit Insert or whatever
shortcut key you have mapped it to and the highlighted call will be pulled
into the Entry window and your CQ exchange sent.)

After receiving his exchange, instead of sending your normal TU/CQ message
to the first station, hit the TU, NOW message, immediately followed by your
normal exchange message.  The two messages will be chained together:

        W0YK TU, NOW
        K4GMH 599 KS KS

And so on, until you deplete the stack.  If the second station doesn't come
back, hit the Equals key to pop the third station onto the stack and hit
your CQ Exchange message.  You manipulate the stack by rotating the calls
through the Entry window with alternating hits of Equals and Dash.  If you
want to delete a call from the stack, then don't hit Dash when it is in the
Entry window and the next call you pop from the stack (or, left click from
the Rttyrite window) will overwrite it.  You can also erase it with Alt-W.
Generally you want to empty the stack before eliciting another pileup and
selecting another call(s) to work.  Any call(s) remaining in the stack
whenever you send %L, or log a QSO, will automatically pop into the Entry
window.

Another thing I do is to map all these Fn messages to the keys neighboring
the Enter key, which I have configured for ESM (Enter Sends Message).  This
enables me to operate the entire contest with the Enter key and its
neighbors, plus the trackball.  I find this handy when running SO2R, SO3R,
etc.   ;>)

Ed W0YK