Re: [WriteLog] RTTY and dueling CQ's

To: "'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RTTY and dueling CQ's
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 23:59:36 -0400
I've found WriteLog's dueling-CQ feature to be awkward to use and
problematic with the reality of QSO timing variations.  The only system I've
been comfortable with is TR-Log's dueling CQ feature for CW.

For RTTY, I still prefer to initiate the CQs myself on each radio.  Yes, it
is a distraction that presumably the PC could automate, but there are too
many ways for things to go wrong which ends up being far more distracting
and fatiguing than the burden of initiating CQs.

Ed P49X

Mike WG0M wrote:

Is there anyone out there experienced in how to set up SO2R and dueling CQ's
running RTTY that could point me in the right direction?? I have read and
re-read the "two radio contesting" section in the manual.

I just installed 11.08 and see some differences between this version and
11.07.  For example the Alt-t does not always bring up the timed cq box or
is dependent on which rig has the keyboard focus.  There are some other
anomalies that I see so I plan to go back to 11.07 to see if that has any
effect.