[WriteLog] RTTY two VFOs on a K3 issue

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY two VFOs on a K3 issue
From: "Dave WW2R" <ww2r2@g4fre.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:39:41 -0000
An issue with writelog 11.08b encountered in the RTTY RU contest, any
suggestions?

As usual I was running the k3 with a d44 sound card and 2 instances of
mmtty. MMTTY was fine

In the port settings I have com2 set to k3 and a second com2 set to K3 which
is allowable

In writelog I set number of radios to 2. I see a frequency entry window for
each vfo

BUT

As soon as I do so,  the K3 was put into split mode, even if the 2
frequencies are equal

If I press the split button on the k3 front panel. Split goes out for
<1second then it comes back again

Making the sub freq entry box "manual entry" stopped it but defeated the
object/benefits

A better solution was found (empirically) In the port settings. I noticed
the 1st k3 ptt enable had been set to "no" 2nd k3 ptt enable to "yes" (I
hadn't set them) so I changed the 2nd k3  to "no" and the split issue went
away. No idea why! The issue then was that when I restarted the programme
they got changed back to k3 ptt enable "no" 2nd k3 ptt enable "yes" even
though I had saved the configuration and the log

After the contest I upgraded to 11.09 but issue still there

I did have a computer with a v10 still on it in the shack (10.83d?) on which
I didn't have this issue

Apart from that the software worked well. I had, however, forgotten how
useful the Fkeys programme was!

Dave

G4FRE MW2I