[WriteLog] W5XD MK-1100 Multi-keyer

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD MK-1100 Multi-keyer
From: Ron Lodewyck <RLodewyck@csustan.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:47:07 -0800
I am having trouble getting my W5XD MK-1100 //multi-keyer to send band data to my Top Ten Band Decoder through the ANT-RLY-R (or ANT-RLY-L) parallel port under Windows 7. I am using Writelog Version 11.01F. The W5XD Multi-keyer USED to work fine with the Top Ten Decoder connected to ANT-RLY-R under Windows XP.

I know Writelog does not support parallel LPT ports under Windows 7, but I thought the W5XD MK-1100 multi-keyer, which connects to a single COM port, sends the band data to its own parallel ports independent of the operating system. Is this correct? I found this statement on the Writelog website for the W5XD MK-1100 Multi-keyer: "The Antenna relay, PTT, and CW outputs on the multi-function keyer LPT port outputs work on all current Windows operating systems:..."

I have tried setting "This Window is Radio Right" and "Activate this radio", with no apparent effect on the band data output.

Anyone have the W5XD MK-1100 multi-keyer ANT-RLY band data working under Windows 7?

Thanks and 73,
Ron N6EE