[WriteLog] Save Configuration doesn't work

To: Writelog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Save Configuration doesn't work
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:14:52 -0500
Save Configuration doesn't work in my installation of V11.07D.  The Save
Configuration function did work on this computer in previous WL versions.

The V11.07D Save Configuration is done after repositioning the windows,
setting up the ports, etc.  WL is closed, the same contest reopened and all
the repositioning and settings are gone.  No error messages, etc.
associated with the Save Configuration or the reopening of the contest.

Looked in the WL archives, but no real answer found other than "magic
happened" as a reason for "Save Configuration" to start working.  Granted
the "magic happened" solutions were in earlier versions of WL.

Running XP OS.

Did try to start WL by browsing for previous V11.07D saved contest.
However, when starting the search the first window open is the Documents
directory.  My WL is exe file is in Programs/WL/Programs directory.  Seems
strange to start the browse search in Documents directory rather than in
the Programs/WL/Programs directory.  Not sure if this has any bearing on
the Save Configuration situation.

Any ideas on how to get the Save Configuration to work.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH