Re: [WriteLog] Rotator Control Mystery

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Rotator Control Mystery
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:17:48 -0800
Jim,

I just checked my writelog.ini file and find the following lines in the [ENTRY] section:

LR=-1
RotatorPort=6
RotatorType=0

In looking at the Entry section in the Help manual it says "LR=1 -1 for neither, 1 means Right, 0 means Left" I have no idea what "LR" stands for and the manual doesn't specify it. Maybe you could play with this setting and see if it changes anything. My rotator com port is 6, it must be between 1 and 8, and my RotatorType=0. The manual says "RotatorType=1 DCU-1, Yaesu, etc.". My rotator is an old Create Design with a Green Heron controller box. It uses a USB connection and the DCU-1 protocol. I don't know why my ini file says RotatorType=0 and the manual says RotatorType=1. Again, you might try playing with this setting in the ini file to see if it makes a difference.

Do you happen to have another logger program that can control the rotator via a port command? In my case I use DXBase and can control my rotator from that software as well as WL. I think N1MM and others can do likewise. If so, try setting up the rotator interface in the other logger and see what happens there. If the problem repeats it probably isn't WL.

73,
Gary AL9A

----- Original Message ----- From: "JE Brown" <W4LC@fuse.net>