[WriteLog] RDXC Country Multiplier - Perplexing but fixed here

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RDXC Country Multiplier - Perplexing but fixed here
From: "Bud Trench" <aa3b.bud@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 15:46:34 -0400
I've been perplexed by the discussion of this issue.  Several users report
that the country multipliers are not flagged in the packet spot window or
bandmaps.  I had the problem and noted in my posting to the reflector on
3/16/12.

The perplexing part is that other users report that multipliers are
correctly highlighted. I may have broken the code.

Normally when I setup for a contest, I select the "Browse for existing log."
at Writelog startup, open the .wl file from the previous year, save it with
a new name and clear out the content.  I probably have been using the same
RDXC template since 2003 as a result of this procedure.

This year, I started from scratch, i.e., I went to the "Start a new log." at
Writelog startup and selected "Russian DX Contest" from the "Writelog
Contest Selection" pop-up. I noted that the template now includes a Country
field in the QSO exchange box which I don't recall seeing in the past.
Everything worked as it should, i.e., country and oblast multipliers were
flagged in the "Packet Spots" window and on the band maps.

My guess is that something changed in the RDXC template since 2003 and my
process of starting with the previous years' template prevented introduction
of this change.

Anyway, it worked great for me this year.

73,

Bud AA3B