Re: [WriteLog] 2 Tone Works Now MMTTY Doesn't

To: "'Mike'" <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 2 Tone Works Now MMTTY Doesn't
From: Ed Muns <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 19:25:44 -0700
Not you too!  The problem installations are far outnumbering the working
ones from what I see here on the reflector and in private communications.
It's making me crazy!

This morning I thought the problems were contained in microKEYER
installations and Vista/Win7/Win8 OSs, but not so.  In your recap below, I
don't understand some things.

Mike K4GMH wrote:
> Got 2 Tone working in a single computer SO2R setup (MS XP)
> after deleting the MMTTY from Writelog.ini, "RttyRite",
> "CustomTnc1MenuEntry=" and CustomTnc1Progld=".

Wow!

- What does "deleting MMTTY from Writelog.ini" mean?  Did you uninstall the
SM6SRW MMTTY Plug-In using the Add/Remove Programs applet in Windows?

- "Rttyrite" I take to mean the entire [Rttyrite...] section(s).  That's
safe to do.

- "CustomTnc1MenuEntry=" and "CustomTnc1ProgId=" should have been deleted
when you deleted the entire [Rttyrite] ini section.

> "MMTTY_LOCATION=C\Program Files\2Tone\2Tone.exe" is now in
> the Writelog.ini.

That makes sense if you configured for 2Tone.

> Unfortunately, can't get to MMTTY using
> XMMT.ocx via WL, Rttyrite window TU type and clicking on XMMT.ocx.
> Now, when open the "TU type" and check "XMMT.ocx", one of the
> two 2 Tone windows closes and then reopens on top of the
> other 2 Tone window.

This sounds like the [Rttyrite] and [Rttyrite2] ini sections are messed up.
But, what Rttyrite windows do you have setup?  One 2Tone Rttyrite window on
each of two radios on one PC?

> Do not get the "Setup XMMT.ocx" window.

Never seen or heard of that before.  It sure sounds like something is
missing or messed up in writelog.ini.

>  So what did I delete that I shouldn't have or is there
> something else needs to be done?

AFAIK, you should not delete anything other the [Rttyrite] ini sections
(entirely, including the titles, everything).  If you want to get rid of the
MMTTY Plug-In written by SM5SRW, use the Windows uninstall facility.

>  One possibility would be to
> change the "MMTTY_LOCATION=...." to the location of the
> MMTTY.exe file.

I wouldn't do that.  If you configured for 2Tone then the TNC type is set to
that not MMTTY.  It is safer to make changes from the user interface
windows.  (Which I understand you have somehow lost ... TNC Setup for
XMMT.ocx)

> However, thought one could switch back to MMTTY by opening up
> the "Setup XMMT.ocx" window and selecting the path to to
> MMTTY.exe.  Is my thinking skewed regarding how to change TU
> type via the XMMT.ocx>Setup XMMT.ocx window?

No, you are right.  That is the way you want to change paths to either 2Tone
or MMTTY.

Do you have any other TNCs on your system like a DXP38?  Can you select that
and then get the TNC Setup window to come up?

Is the MMTTY Plug-in still installed and is the MMTTY entry still on the TU
Type menu?  Or was that uninstalled in this process?

Ed W0YK