Re: [WriteLog] Request for Assistance

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Request for Assistance
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 17:34:36 -0400

On 4/7/2013 4:37 PM, DickT-W0RAA wrote:
Now my question:  I anybody on either reflector running a Yaesu FT-950
with a SignaLink USB in RTTY|LSB or RTTY|USB mode?  If so, what
do you use for Menu Settings in the FT-950 that allows RTTY|LSB or
RTTY|USB operation?  As I stated above, I can only get a steady tone
out and no diddle.  I can make contacts using the PKT|LSB mode I
normally use, but at my age, life is too short for QRP.  Hi Hi.

RTTY | USB and RTTY | LSB are FSK modes - Signalink is an AFSK ONLY
interface.  If you expect to use FSK, get a second serial port and
build a two transistor  (FSK and PTT) interface as shown in the FSK
transmission section of the WinRTTY section of the WriteLog help
file or the AA5AU web site: http://www.aa5au.com/rttyinterface.html

Making up the necessary interface should not cost more than $10 even if
you don't have much of a junk box.  If you don't have a second serial
port, dual port PCI or PICe cards are less than $25 from places like
www.newegg.com or www.byterunner.com. If you don't have an open bus slot, single USB to serial adapters are less than $20 and dual port
for less than $30.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV