Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 127, Issue 6

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 127, Issue 6
From: Alan Maenchen <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 18:14:43 +0000
Joe,

>From your answer, I take that there is no way to get it the way I want
through WL.
I agree with that summation, although that isn't exactly what you said.

I don't think I'm asking for anything crazy.  I want simple audio switching
that mimics exactly what the MK2R+ box has on it's front panel independent
of TX focus.  I can't put the box close to the keyboard for convenience.
That's why I'm looking for a solution under WL control. It's become obvious
that doesn't work.

My backup plan is to physically attach wires to the MK2R+ front panel
switches and bring them out to parallel switches that I can locate on (or
next to) the keyboard. That's not as nice as an integrated solution, but
much better than what I have now.

I'll play with configurations some more since I'm getting functions that
are NOT as you describe .. for example; blocking all audio in both ears
when either TX is transmitting; when RX is in AUTO. I don't see anything in
the router setup or in WL that would do that.
(I just updated firmware in the MK2R+ box and the router... that made no
difference.)  Yes, I've tried several of the canned scenarios.

73, Alan  AD6E