[WriteLog] Yet another SS CW prefill file

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Yet another SS CW prefill file
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 15:51:45 -0800
I just picked up a lead this afternoon from another reflector about a prefill
adi file for SS CW that is maintained by the PVRC North Carolina chapter.
Apparently this file is a compilation of multiple years worth of ARRL SS
results history that contains both CW and SSB history.  This file contains
8,624 calls in the file, significantly larger than my adi prefill file of 1,291
calls which is based on only CW calls from the 2012 contest.

There is a caveat about the accuracy of this history file, so be aware that
while you may get more “hits” with this file there is a higher probability that
some of the data may be outdated and you will have to carefully verify what the
station is sending this year and edit any fields that may be in error.  Also,
due to “conflicting issues”, the PVRC data is only through the 2011 contest
season and doesn’t contain any history from 2012.  And no, I don’t have the
time to try and merge my 2012 file with the PVRC file to add the missing 2012
info!

I have downloaded the file and played with it a bit and it does work.  There
are three different versions of the prefill file on the web site – WriteLog,
NIMM and TR/TR4W.  Be sure to select the correct file.  I will probably try
running with this file in the contest.  If it proves too troublesome due to
data accuracy issues I will switch back to my 2012 history file and just get
the missing ones off the air.

http://pvrcnc.org/

73,
Gary AL9A