[WriteLog] Writelog and Microham PTT Delay with WinKey

To: Writelog <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog and Microham PTT Delay with WinKey
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 14:10:48 -0600
I brought this up a couple weeks ago, which still appears to be a problem. The problem being that my K3 would not return to receive quickly enough after hitting an F-Key message. It was bad enough that I would miss the first letter of a returning caller to my cq.

I think I may have solved the problem. I went into setup|ports and selected the CW PTT tab.

Per the Microham setup document for Writelog I had 'on LPT pin 16/COMM RTS' selected. I changed that by selecting 'none'. This seems to have solved the problem. My K3 now returns to receive quickly after sending a F-Key message.

I'll keep playing in the ARRL 10m contest to see if my fix is really a fix.

Rich - N5ZC