Re: [WriteLog] ARRL 10M Contest - log submission

To: <al9a@mtaonline.net>, "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ARRL 10M Contest - log submission
From: "K2MK" <k2mk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 09:59:40 -0500
Hi Gary,

It sounds as if rule 8.4 is discussing what information is needed in the header for your log submission. They need your section because awards are based on sections. Rule 4.1 sounds like what is needed during the contest exchange.

73,
Mike K2MK

I just sent off my Cabrillo log to ARRL for the 10M contest. When rechecking
the rules to get the correct email address I noticed an apparent discrepancy
regarding the Cabrillo content.  Section 8.4 of the rules is shown below:

8.4. Email entries only to: 10meter@arrl.org. Cabrillo log files require
exchange sent, category entered, power, and ARRL/RAC section, as defined in the
General Rules for All ARRL Contests.

This appears to be in contradiction of rule 4.1 which states the exchange for
W/VE stations, including KL7 and KH6, is to send the stations state or
province.  So why does the rule about Cabrillo content require ARRL/RAC
section?  That is certainly not part of my Cabrillo file.  Something ain’t
right here bunky.

73,
Gary AL9A