[WriteLog] [K3, Writelog] AF Level Reverting to 0 upon Context Switch

To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>, Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] [K3, Writelog] AF Level Reverting to 0 upon Context Switch
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 18:15:19 -0800
[Sorry for the cross-post; this is a matter involving both the K3 and
Writelog.]

During this weekend's RTTY Roundup, operating SO2V, I had a strange problem
*sometimes* when changing TX focus via Writelog. I would be listening to
both main and sub-receivers with TX focus on Main. If I toggled TX focus
between Main and Sub, AF gain on the non-focus receiver would drop to zero.
Touching the AF control ever so slightly would restore audio. It didn't
matter whether I toggled focus by clicking a call in the "other" decoder
window, clicking an Entry window field or using the EntryKbdXmitFocusDown
function via a Keyboard Shortcut. Line Out audio to the decoders did not
drop out. The problem persisted for several hours but eventually went away
and both channels of audio stayed live through focus toggle events for the
rest of Saturday. But Sunday morning when I fired up again, the problem
returned. It did not seem to be a per-band issue as I saw the problem exist
and go away on the same band(s). When it was mis-behaving, it did so on all
bands that I checked and likewise when it was behaving. I believe I had
Writelog Radio Menu | Headphones Normal and Headphones Latch set at all
times. Writelog version 11.17E and K3 MCU version 4.77.

Although this seems at first glance to be an obvious Writelog matter, it
prompted *deja vu* feelings because a similar phenomenon (a bogus AF gain
value) shows up when cycling a K3 Remote connection and has been attributed
to a bug in K3 firmware, not yet fixed. Also, Writelog has dedicated K3
code to support SO2V using the two receivers and the K3 SPLIT function.
That code is exercised whenever you toggle Writelog TX focus between Main
and Sub-receivers.

Any ideas?

Thanks & 73,

/Rick N6XI