[WriteLog] Fw: ARRL DX Contest SSB - prefill exchange file

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fw: ARRL DX Contest SSB - prefill exchange file
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:12:29 -0900
US/VE stations please disregard the following!

I have just discovered a minor bug in the ARRL DX Contest SSB prefill exchange
file I released yesterday.

In WL a VO1 station returns Newfoundland (NL) in the Beam Heading window.
However, under Contest/Show Multipliers the list of Multipliers table indicates
Newfoundland must be NF, not NL!  A test run has shown that WL will not
recognize NL from the prefill file as a valid mult and returns "Unknown mult".
A recheck of the ARRL DX Contest rules confirms that NF is the correct QTH
field entry for Newfoundland.  Despite the ARRL rules, which specify NF as the
correct abbreviation, the Contest Results downloadable csv files from the ARRL
web site contain NL in the Section column!  I routinely have to convert Section
to State in these files, but this is the first time I’ve noticed a Canadian
section must be converted too.

I have made the necessary corrections to the prefill file to change all the
NL's to NF's.  The link below will download the same file, but with the new
corrections.  If you have already downloaded the file you can simply download
it again and replace the previous one or use a text editor to open the file and
manually change the NL's to NF'S.  I think there are only 7 of them so it isn't
a big task.  Again, this file is only for DX stations who will be working US/VE
calls.

73,
Gary AL9A