Re: [WriteLog] Writelog/MMTTY/laptop problem

To: Write Log <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog/MMTTY/laptop problem
From: Don AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:44:18 -0800 (PST)
I don't think I follow this whole thing but I will give it a shot. It sounds
like a receive problem and not a transmit problem. I'm not sure if you are
saying that the problem does NOT occur when using MMTTY standalone on the
laptop? There is no difference in receive whether using MMTTY standalone or the
MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog. It is the MMTTY engine that is doing the decoding,
not WriteLog. So I would venture to say that the problem happens with both
MMTTY standalone and when using the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog.

Try this on your laptop. Go to the MISC tab screen in MMTTY setup. In the lower
left hand side of the screen, you'll see "Clock". Just below "Clock", you may
see it set to 11025 in the pull-down menu. Change it to 12000 and see if it
helps. It sounds like the clocking on your laptop soundcard is 12000 and the
desktop is 11025, but it's just a guess. I have the same issue here. My laptop
requires 12000 hz setting and my desktop requires 11025 hz setting.

Set your Mark to 2125 hz and your shift to 170 Hz.

In reference to your laptop only, the reason you probably are able to transmit
FSK with the TX port set to Sound on the Misc tab screen of MMTTY Setup is
because you are using "Software-generated FSK". This means that WriteLog is
producing the FSK and not MMTTY. This has nothing to do with your other issue
though which is receive-related.

73, Don AA5AU